- Chuyên mục: VAWA & Các Hội Đoàn Bạn
- 08 05
- | Lượt xem: 654
Project Officer – “Safe Homes, Happy Families Project”
The Vietnamese Australian Welfare Association of NSW (VAWA) Inc. is seeking a community oriented “people person” to coordinate the delivery of a two years “Safe Homes, Happy Family Project” providing Parenting Education alongside educational and wellbeing supports to Vietnamese families with children 0 – 12 yrs. in the Bankstown LGA.
VAWA was established to assist newly arrived Vietnamese migrants and refugees with their settlement in Australia and currently provides a number of programs/activities to families and their children/youth within the Vietnamese Australian community. VAWA is one of the leading Vietnamese welfare organisations in Sydney.
Under Section 14(d) of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW), this position is seeking a person of Vietnamese background who presents with strong language skills in Vietnamese and English, and possesses a strong understanding of the Vietnamese culture and the challenges faced by Vietnamese families with children living in Australia.
Candidates for the role of Project Officer – Safe Homes, Happy Families must also address the essential criteria below when applying for this position.
● Ability to coordinate and manage various delivery aspects of the project including communications with other professionals delivering project components
● Previous experience in community development or similar
● Ability to recognise, monitor and report on quality service provision
● Knowledge of compliance requirements when working with funding contract obligations
● Previous experience working with/in the Vietnamese community in Australia
● Ability to actively engage with Vietnamese families facing hardship and/or challenging life circumstances
● Ability to communicate (written and oral) proficiently in English and Vietnamese
● High level written communication skills
● Previous administration skills/experience
● High level time management skills
● Teamwork skills
● Proficiency working with the Microsoft Office (or similar) suite of products
● Experience with data entry for government record purposes
● Triple P trained
● First Aid Certificate